SE Electronics X1R Passive Ribbon Microphone: Click for more info
Looking for more info or for our best price? give us a call on 1300 853 358 or visit us in-store today!
Fuller response without overbearing brightness
While many ribbon mics begin rolling off high frequencies around 10kHz, the X1R boasts a small high frequency bump before rolling off around 16kHz. This gives you extra definition, clarity, and air compared to other ribbons, without the harsh brightness that some condenser mics are known for.
Perfect for vocals, instruments, and even drum overheads
With a maximum SPL rating of 135dB, the sE Electronic X1R is ready to be a workhorse in your studio. Especially at its value-packed price, a pair of X1Rs would be a fantastic choice for drum overheads. You'll capture all the punch and depth of your drums, while also taming some of the extreme high frequencies from the cymbals. The X1R is also perfect for capturing the nuances of acoustic instruments, and should definitely be one of your considerations for any vocal recording too.
A flexible tool for any studio
While some engineers regard ribbon mics as special-situation microphones, the sE Electronics X1R can be a capable workhorse in your studio. As we've mentioned, the high SPL handling and extended HF response make the X1R suitable for a wide range of sound sources. It takes to equalization well, and doesn't require as much preamp gain as some ribbon mics do. Basically, the X1R is the kind of mic you can turn to in almost any recording situation and know that you'll get great results quickly.
sE Electronics X1R Ribbon Microphone Features:
- Passive ribbon microphone with extended frequency response and higher SPL handling
- Record louder sound sources with confidence thanks to 135dB max SPL
- Extended high frequency response gives you more brightness than most ribbon mics, without becoming harsh
- Ideal for acoustic instruments, vocals, and drum overheads
- Figure-8 pickup pattern
Specs and Features
- Electronics: Passive
- Generating Element: Hand-tensioned 2.5µm aluminum ribbon
- Directional Pattern: Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 16 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.78 mV/Pa (-55 dB)
- Max SPL: 135 dB (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 71 dB
- Self Noise: 23 dB(A)
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: N/A (phantom-protected)
- Weight: 510g / 17.99oz