The Original Blues Harmonica
The Marine Band 1896 is the archetypal blues harmonica. Almost unchanged since it was patented in 1896, this iconic instrument embodies the real deep blues like no other and is the benchmark against which all others are judged. Initially designed for European folk music, it quickly became a prominent voice of American blues of the early 20th century, played by all harmonica players of this era. It’s the soundtrack of broken hearts and dancing all night, of endless prairies and sweaty nightclubs. Like no other harmonica, the Marine Band 1896 is an invitation to express yourself in music, a key to unlock your creativity. When you discover this piece of living musical history, you won’t just play the blues. You’ll feel the blues.
- Reed plates (material, thickness): brass, 0.9 mm
- Reed plates (surface): brass
- Reeds (number, material): 20, brass
- Comb (material, color): pearwood, brown
- Comb (finish): double lacquered
- Mouthpiece (surface): pearwood
- Cover plates: stainless steel
- Keys: HG, F#, F, E, Eb, D, Db, C, B(H), Bb, A, Ab, G
- Type: diatonic
- Tuning: Richter, Harmonica Minor and Natural Minor. Nm and hm just in F#, F, E, Eb, D, Db, C, B(H), Bb, A, Ab, G
- Number of holes: 10
- Tonal range: 3 octaves
- Length: 10 cm
24 hour dispatch subject to availability.
Music Corner North has a minimum $10 shipping on all orders within South Australia, and a minimum $15 on orders shipped interstate. Orders placed outside of Australia will incur additional shipping fees to be calculated at the time of ordering or after.
To learn more about our shipping policy and pricing when shipping interstate please give us a call on (08) 8258 9366 for more information before placing your order.
If product is sold out and checkout button above reads 'Place Backorder', use the Facebook Messenger chat in the bottom right-hand corner of the page, send us a message on the contact page here
, or give us a call on (08) 8258 9366 to enquire about availability, or alternatively add to cart and checkout to secure your purchase when product is available