For more information on this product from our experts, call 8258 9366!
EPIPHONE B.B.KING LUCILLE EBONY
When B.B. King made his first recordings for Sam Phillips’ Memphis Recording Services, King was initially known as a talented vocalist and in fact didn’t always play lead guitar on his early records. But that would all change by the mid ‘50s as King and his guitar, nicknamed Lucille, became the voice of the blues. With hits like “Rock Me Baby,” “Sweet Little Angel,” “Sweet Sixteen,” and “The Thrill Is Gone,” King put the blues on the Top 40 charts, made himself and Lucille household names, became the first blues artist signed to a major label, and with his singular vocal and guitar style, was an inspiration to a mighty generation of blues and rock artists including Otis Rush, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Michael Bloomfield, Duane Allman, and Magic Sam.King’s singular tone has everything you’d want to hear in electric blues guitar—a bell-like ring with a hint of overdrive, soaring highs and gritty lows, and all driven home by King’s mighty left hand tremolo. The Epiphone B. B. King Lucille was designed by B. B. King himself and puts all the tone and nuance of King’s own favorite guitar in your hands.
• Body: Maple
• Neck: Hard maple, glued, hand-set
• Scale Length: 24.75”
• Nut width: 1.68”
• Fingerboard: 22 medium jumbo frets
• Headstock: Sloped dovewing with pearloid “Lucille” inlay
• Pickups: 2 Classic Alnico Humbuckers
• Electronics: Vari-Tone™
• Position 1: bypass
• Position 2: 5db at 1950 Hz
• Position 3: 12db at 1100 Hz
• Position 4: 15db at 620 Hz
• Position 5: 18.5db at 360 Hz
• Position 6: 21db at 120 Hz
• Outputs: 1/4” mono (both pickups or neck pickup in Stereo Mode and 1/ 4” Stereo (bridge pickup)
• Controls: 2-volume, 2-tone
• Inlay: Pearloid, block
• Bridge: Lock-Tone™ Tune-O-Matic
• Tailpiece: TP-6 fine tuning bridge
• Hardware: Gold
• Machine Heads: Grover®
• Color: Ebony (EB)
• Typical Weight (+/- 5%): 9.0 lbs
• Strings: D’Addario® 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46
24 hour dispatch subject to availability.
Music Corner North has a minimum $10 shipping on all orders within South Australia, and a minimum $15 on orders shipped interstate. Orders placed outside of Australia will incur additional shipping fees to be calculated at the time of ordering or after.
To learn more about our shipping policy and pricing when shipping interstate please give us a call on (08) 8258 9366 for more information before placing your order.
If product is sold out and checkout button above reads 'Place Backorder', use the Facebook Messenger chat in the bottom right-hand corner of the page, send us a message on the contact page here
, or give us a call on (08) 8258 9366 to enquire about availability, or alternatively add to cart and checkout to secure your purchase when product is available