Boss DD-7 Digital Delay Effect Pedal: Click for more info
Call us or visit us in-store for more information on this product and our best price!
1300 853 358
Even with the best-selling delays in compact-pedal history, BOSS continues to push the envelope and innovate. The new DD-7 takes the best features from its predecessors and expands the creative potential with Modulation Delay mode, classic modelled Analog Delay mode, External pedal control options, longer delay time, and more.
- Expanded delay time, up to 6.4 seconds
- Modulation Delay mode offers natural, chorus-type sounds
- Analog Delay mode models the classic warm BOSS DM-2 analog delay sound
- Tap tempo controllable via external footswitch
- Delay time, feedback, and effect level can be controlled via external Expression pedal (sold separately)
- Up to 40 seconds of recording for sound on sound (Hold mode)
- BOSS five-year warranty
24 Hour Dispatch on all Products (Subject to Supplier Availability). To Confirm Availability Call us on 1300 853 358
Specs and Features
- Controls: E.LEVEL, F.BACK, D.TIME, MODE, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK (Used for indication of TEMPO, HOLD, and to check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT-A (MONO) jack, INPUT-B jack, OUTPUT-A (MONO) jack, OUTPUT-B jack, TEMPO/EXP jack, AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
- Delay Time: 1 ms to 6400 ms*, Maximum recording time: 40 sec (in Hold mode) *Values may vary according to the mode and connections.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 ohms or greater
- Power Supply: DC 9 V, Dry battery, 9 V type (6F22/carbon, 6LR61/alkaline) AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional), DC 9 V: Dry battery 6F22 (9 V) type (carbon)/ Dry battery 6LR61 (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 55 mA (DC 9 V)
- * Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: 1.5 hours, Alkaline: 6 hours. These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Mode Sticker, Application Sticker, Leaflets ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Dry battery (9 V type, 6LR61) *1
- Options: AC adaptor (PSA-series), Footswitch: FS-5U, Expression pedal: Roland EV-5
A Boss Digital Delay Primer
Because there have been quite a few, let's take a look at Boss digital delay pedals past and present:
- DD-2: The first compact digital delay on the market in 1983. Re-branded as the DD-3 in 1986.
- DD-3: See above. This pedal is a staple on many pedalboards and still in production.
- DD-4: Boss skipped this one as the number 4 is considered unlucky in Japan. If someone tries to sell you one, beware. It doesn't exist.
- DD-5: Discontinued. Four delay ranges maxing out at 2000 ms.
- DD-6: Discontinued. Four delay ranges maxing out at 2600 ms, plus Reverse and Warp modes.
- DD-7: Four delay ranges maxing out at 3200 ms, with Reverse, Modulated and Analog modes.